Explore Houses for Rent in Jonesboro, AR
Jonesboro is a large city located between the cities of Walnut Ridge and Trumann. Within the city is the flagship campus of Arkansas State University, and individuals looking for homes for rent in an area with plenty to do and an active nightlife will find that Jonesboro is a perfect fit.
Facts for Renters in Jonesboro
- The land the city is on was originally settled by Osage, Caddo and Quapaw Native American tribes. The Quapaws are also known as the Arkansas, and it's from this tribe that the state gets its name.
- Jonesboro is an agricultural center between lands that are excellent for growing rice and cotton. One of the world's largest rice mills, Riceland Rice, is located there.
- There are several famous people from the city, including author John Grisham, known for his legal thrillers.
Resources for Renters in Jonesboro
- Renters who want to keep up on local government happenings can use the city's website, which also offers schedules, alerts and employment opportunities.
- The Chamber of Commerce's page offers details on things to do in the Jonesboro area, including shopping, dining and the arts.
- Those who want to know more about the local schools can check out the Jonesboro Public Schools site.
Things to Do in Jonesboro
The nightlife in Jonesboro is centered in the downtown area, where renters will find shops, bars and restaurants. There, you can spend a day exploring or dance the night away. Art enthusiasts can visit the Arkansas State University Museum as well as the Delta Symphony and the Forum Theatre. The Delta Symphony is the only professional symphony in the region. Renters who love the outdoors can look into the Crowley's Ridge Nature Center as well as the neighboring Craighead Forest Park for exhibits, trails and workshops.