Discover Houses for Rent in Chowchilla, CA
Chowchilla is located in Madera County near Madera and Merced. Families hunting down homes for rent will have access to many attractive urban amenities while living in Chowchilla. Parks include the Softball Park and the Little League Ball Park, good places for parents to bond with their children. Residents can host a party at Madera County Fairground. The City of Chowchilla Municipal Airport and Golden State Highway are means of transportation within the city. Renters can also find numerous public transportation sites in the city. Natural Vision and Chowchilla Medical Center are places renters can go if they're ill.
Interesting Information About Chowchilla
- The Chowchilla Native American tribe were the earliest inhabitants in the area. They were known for being courageous.
- The city was officially incorporated in the winter of 1923.
- Chowchilla lost quite a bit of the labor force during WWII, a problem somewhat resolved when the city gave high school students a vacation so they could help pick cotton.
- The city is famed for its fairs, hosting many throughout its history.
Resources for Renters
- The city's website helps renters familiarize themselves with the area. The site has pages on Chowchilla's fairgrounds and information on the city's Music in the Park concerts. It also has a specific page relevant to new renters called "New Resident Information." Potential residents can also find city maps and links to significant Chowchilla locations, such as the Chowchilla Court and library.
- The website for Chowchilla Elementary School District provides information on numerous schools in the city. Parents can also visit the website for Chowchilla High School.
- The Chowchilla District Chamber of Commerce has a website that supplies information about the chamber's contact addresses and demonstrates the necessary steps needed to become a member. Residents can also find a directory and a calendar on this site.