Discover Houses for Rent in Sheffield, AL
Sheffield is located just across the Tennessee River from Florence, one of the largest cities in northern Alabama. Homes for rent in Sheffield are sure to appeal to those seeking a suburban lifestyle and proximity to a major body of water.
Things to Know About Sheffield
- Architecture of the antebellum and Victorian styles can be found in the three historic areas of Sheffield.
- Sheffield, nicknamed the "Center of the Shoals," was incorporated in 1885.
- The cover of Cher's "3614 Jackson Highway" album sports a picture of the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio at that address in Sheffield.
- Sheffield was established at the suggestion of Gen. Andrew Jackson. Jackson and his officers concluded the site to be advantageous for establishing a community during a campfire session on a bluff overlooking the river in 1817.
Helpful Sheffield Resources
- Information about local matters ranging from government and administration to attractions and business can be found at the City of Sheffield's official website.
- Those seeking to engage in commerce in the Florence and Sheffield areas can find useful details at the website of the Shoals Chamber of Commerce.
- The Sheffield City Schools website can provide assistance for renters in Sheffield with educational queries.
Recreation in Sheffield
The Ritz Theatre lies right at the heart of Sheffield. Built in 1927, the theater now hosts a variety of events, including concerts, lectures, plays, pageants and receptions. To experience the wonders of the visual arts, renters have an alluring option with the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art. Workshops, art competitions and a revolving selection of exhibitions may be found at the museum. A pleasant day in the open air can be had by hopping across the river and over to McFarland Park, which is packed with outdoor amenities. For instance, campers can delight in one of the park's 60 campsites, while fishermen can throw a few lines from a pier on the water.