Explore Dream Houses for Rent in Felton, CA
Felton is a welcoming community 30 miles away from San Jose. Homes for rent in this family-friendly suburb give residents access to plenty of entertainment, as well as restaurants and shopping. There's also historic and artistic attractions for those who want to know more about local culture.
Facts for Renters
- The community is home to the Roaring Camp Railroads. All the trains are authentic steam locomotives from the late 1800s. Felton was once a logging town and the camp is a historically accurate recreation of it. Visitors can try gold panning, blacksmithing and candle-making. There's also a restaurant, shopping and train rides.
- The Felton Covered Bridge was built in 1892, and has been a California Historic Landmark since May 1957. It was restored in 1987 and is open to pedestrians. It's one of the tallest covered bridges in America. At the surrounding park renters can walk or bike, as well as use the various athletic courts and the playground.
- Renters can enjoy a night out at the Don Quixote's International Music Hall, where bands from every genre of music come to play. There's also a restaurant in the venue, and several in the surrounding area. Options include Oak Tree Ristorante, Cowboy Bar and Grille and Redwood Pizzeria.
Resources for Renters
- The Felton Homes and History website documents the area's history through photographs, articles, and newspaper clippings. Renters can learn about the stories behind the covered bridges, businesses and lakes that are unique to the area.
- Parents can learn about school enrollment, student nutrition plans, busses and student services at the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District Web page.
- The Santa Cruz County website has several online services for renter convenience. These include park rentals, pet licensure and adoption, and permit applications.