Find Wonderful Houses for Rent in Hanford, CA
Hanford is a medium-sized city near Tulare and Visalia with homes for rent. Its summers are dry and hot, while the winters are cool and foggy. The area is full of business and renters will find plenty of opportunities to shop and try delicious food. Hanford has history and culture, and the thriving economy makes it an ideal place to work and live.
Facts for Renters
- Renters who want authentic food and local culture can explore the China Alley Historic District. It has a Taoist Temple and hosts events like Chinese New Year, The Downtown Hanford East Street Fair and the Moon Festival. These all celebrate the local heritage and include crafts, tea, art and shops.
- Hanford hosts The Annual Kings Fair every year at the Kings County Fairgrounds. It's represented by a mascot cow named Daisy Moo and features a midway carnival with rides and games, vendors, contests, concerts, races and the Fiesta Del Charro Rodeo.
- Hanford started out at a sheepherder camp, until the railway passed through and the auditor, James Hanford, decided to sell lots for a settlement starting in 1877. The city was incorporated in 1891. In 1893, Kings County was formed and Hanford was named the county seat.
Resources for Renters
- Hanford's newspaper is The Sentinel. It has news, sports, opinion and weather information available in print by subscription or for free online. Renters can also use it for to see job listings and classifieds.
- The city of Hanford website lets renters find different attractions, read up on the city council, apply for jobs, and get updates on events and local happenings.
- Hanford is home to the Kings Community Action Organization headquarters, and has several other centers in the city. The organization is dedicated to providing services to those in need and to helping members of the community.