Find Houses for Rent in Highland, CA
Highland is a city in San Bernardino County. While some nearby cities include Riverside and Fontana, the real attraction of Highland is the San Bernardino Mountains. Homes for rent in Highland are at an elevation of 1,300 feet, offering fantastic views and scenery as well as premier exercise and outdoor opportunities in the nearby San Bernardino National Forest. Highland is also incredibly accessible, with the San Bernardino International Airport next door and major highways leading to cities such as Los Angeles and Anaheim.
Where Highland truly excels is in its family-friendly amenities and services. The community has placed a premium on public works, facilities and safety. A great example is the Highland Sam J. Racadio Library and Environmental Learning Center, a sprawling eco-friendly building full of books, DVDs, CDs and even a small zoo. Highland is also served by two school districts, the Redlands Unified District and the San Bernardino Unified School District.
Facts for Renters
- Highland was founded in 1891, with citrus fruits as its key economic export.
- Historical buildings are still in use today, helping to fortify Highland's community and bridge the past and the present.
- Highland is also near a number of colleges and universities, including California State University, San Bernardino Community College and the University of Redlands.
- Highland is close to an extensive trail system, known as the Santa Ana River Trail, which runs through much of Southern California.
- Highland is also home to many world-class medical facilities, such as the Loma Linda University Medical Center and Arrowhead Regional Medical.
Resources for Renters
- Learn about about the scenic community on its website.
- Take the pulse of Highland by browsing its community newspaper.
- Check out the fun events and services provided by the Highland Sam J. Racadio Library and Environmental Learning Center.
- Read up on Highland's school districts by visiting the Redlands Unified School District website and the San Bernardino Unified School District website.