Discover Houses for Rent in Cotati, CA
Cotati is located east of Bodega Bay and north of the San Francisco Bay Area. The city neighbors Santa Rosa and Petaluma. Families searching for homes for rent will find numerous opportunities in Cotati. Parks include Cator Field and Helen Putnam Park. Renters can eat at Mike's at the Crossroads, Mai Vietnamese Cuisine and Trattoria Due Amici. Other amenities include the "Classic Barber Shop" and Peet's Coffee & Tea. Public transportation is available in Cotati, and the Redwood Highway runs through the city.
Facts About Cotati
- The area of contemporary Cotati was inhabited by the Coastal Miwoks, a Native American tribe in the early history of the area.
- In the 1800s, the Mexican government established land grants throughout California. Rancho Cotate consisted of more than 17,000 acres on the land that's the site of modern Cotati.
- Dr. Thomas Page bought a large amount of land in Cotati after the Mexican settlement. The doctor and his descendants left a storied legacy to the city.
- The early 1900s witnessed the growth of Cotati's agricultural prowess. This in turn helped to spur the development of the city. Many churches, schools and businesses were constructed in this period.
- The city was officially incorporated in 1963.
Resources for Renters
- Cotati's official website helps renters find information on the city's calendar, council and commissions, departments and employment.
- The city is found in Sonoma County, whose website has broad information for residents. This includes pages regarding volunteering in the county, finding county parks, business in the county and arts and museums.
- Parents can find information about schools in the area by perusing the website for Cotati Rohnert Park Unified School District. It includes information on support organizations of the district, a staff directory and parent and student resources. These resources include supplemental educational services, district transfer information, an attendance calendar and annual notices for parents.