Find Houses for Rent in Kerman, CA
Kerman is a city in central California, outside of Fresno. The city is a great place for homes for rent, due in part to its short drive to Fresno as well as its job opportunities and nearby recreational activities. No matter what renters want, Kerman has a variety of options.
For example, families can take a drive east to enjoy the sights and sounds of Fresno, or keep going and visit the Sierra National Forest. History buffs will appreciate the fact that Kerman was created thanks to the Southern Pacific Railroad Company. At first, only a small rail station was in place. Soon, the city grew to include a wide range of farms and other agricultural developments. Today, Kerman is a budding farming and industrial community in central California.
Facts for Renters
- The railroad also gave Kerman one its most famous incidents. In 1892, the Sontag-Evans gang robbed the Southern Pacific Railroad company while the train was in Kerman. Members of the gang had quite a reputation at that time.
- Kerman was once home to the largest gas well in California.
- The city as it stands today was officially founded in 1946.
- Only one school district serves Kerman - the Kerman Unified School District - with several middle schools, elementary schools and a high school.
- Kerman also has one of the lowest crime rates in the area, with a city infrastructure focused on growth and development.
- Renters in the area can enjoy some of Kerman's sprawling green spaces, as there are over 47 parks nearby.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about the city of Kerman by visiting its website.
- Families who are interested in renting in Kerman can read about its schools on the Kerman Unified School District website.
- Check up on events in the area courtesy of the Fresno Bee newspaper.